Saturday, November 29, 2008

WET FELTING...it's addictive !

Been to another felting class with the wonderful and talented TANYA PETERS (The Barefoot Felter) and once again had a blast. Created these amazing pods and they need a little more loving on the embellishment side. Super fun and a great base for creating 3D pieces.

with a touch of Tanya's secret flavour !

Had the privilidge of showing the year 5's at school the art of wet felting which has gone down a treat. Look at all the lovliness they have created.

Now to create something with all the pieces for a group project.

Will keep you posted !

9 comments:

Sam Marshall said...

They look absolutely awesome!!!! Love the colours.
xxxxx

Gaby Bee said...

Wow, what a great project. They look just gorgeous. Wonderful contrast and inspiring colors!

Lucy said...

Really beautiful felting Dawn.
Hugs Lucy

Ev said...

The kids felting looks great, some nicely embedded fibres there too.

I did a double take on the vessels, when I saw the kingfisher blue one I wondered why and how you had a picture of mine LOL, then I saw the other one and though mine is similar in shape is of course that lime green I am so fond of. I am blogging just now and just need to add the photos.

Such a nice fun day. It makes me smile to think about it.

Jen Crossley said...

WOW Dawnie you have been a busy bee.I love your felting and what the kids have done are just awesome.
Your really enjoying your textile I think you have found your niche
Jen

Ro Bruhn said...

Love the felted bowls and the kids group did a wonderful job

Genevieve said...

Great stuff D!

Cheers!

Julie H said...

Love, love, love the baskets!
And was one of the projects due in October? I think that girl would like a vessel as much as a scarf hahahahaha

Jacky said...

Dawnie you are such a talent... I love the felted bowls!!!
The year 5 kids are so lucky to have you as a teacher to learn all of this cool stuff...their work is wonderful and so colourful.