Friday, February 09, 2007

Was it all dream .....


Ive been thinking about my family trip overseas last October,which seems like eons ago, a feeling that it was all just a dream.
This trip was to take our children to see family (My husband and I are English, I was imported to Oz when I was 2) and to show our eldest where he was born.We did so much in the 6 weeks so thought I would share a peek with you.
The first week was spent in Chelmsford,Essex, where my hubby and our first born are from.Of course we stopped by the semi detached house where we lived in Hatfield Peveral, and I reminised.Saw the field nearby where I had made my first snow angel and listened to the quietness that new fallen snow brings.Oh how many things I had forgotten.
From here the children had their first experience of a castle in Colchester,the oldest recorded village in Essex.The home of the rhymes Humpty Dumpty (a huge cannon) and twinkle twinkle.
Of course we travelled the underground around London and did the tourist thing. The London Eye,Big Ben, cruise on the Thames,Big red open topped bus,Covent Garden,London Bridge,grey squirrel's, tea with the Queen.Its so seeped in history with so much to see and do.
We just had to go to the theatre of course ,so the families choice was 'We Will Rock You'.Really enjoyable.
Tottenham Court Road,now there is a very busy place.All hustle and bustle.
I heard the sweetest sound of a busker whistling in the underground tunnels that day.
From here to Paris , but that is another post.

7 comments:

Natalie B said...

*sigh* it looks like you had a ball and what a trip of a lifetime for you, hubby and the kids. Something that we'll def be putting right up the top of our to do list when the kids get older. I bet the week after you got back, it felt like it was a dream. Reality hits so quickly sometimes. LOL big hugs Natxx

Werna Gail said...

Nope, no dream, you've got the photos to prove it, and what great photos they are. I have never been abroad but have always wanted to visit a castle,shucks, I'de like to live in one. This is my first time here but I really enjoyed your blog and all of the GREAT ATCs.

Sulea said...

Wow it must have been so great going to Europe.. i'ld love to visit Spain and Rome... all those castles, vineyards, cafes... mmm oh to be on holiday right now... Thanks for sharing with us your photos!!! they look so good.

deb said...

These pictures are fantastic Dawn. It sounds as though you and your family had a wonderful holiday here in the UK. You proberbly won't beleive this but I have never been to London, have drove around the outskirts on the motorway but that is as close as I have got, how terrible is that.

carmel said...

Dawnie it may seem like a dream but in 10yrs time it will still be with you. Hopefully more travelling will come your way (an mine lol) before that but for now relive it in your dreams. Hugs, Carmel xx -

keinname said...

Hi Dawnie,
...thank you for showing your photo's! It was a really fine trip to Europe for you...I also like London (and UK) and Paris. But I would like to go to Australia...heehee...;o))

Ilka x from Europe...

Jen Crossley said...

Dawnie these photo's are Beautiful would be great in a collage sheet !!!!!!!!! hint hint
Jen